This award will seek applicants who have shown commitment and dedication to improving patient safety/medication safety amongst patients in the secondary care setting.
This may be through team working with consultants, nurses or pharmacy colleagues. The end result will be to improve this area for patients in terms of medication efficacy and adherence, for example.
The award will encompass all areas of patient safety within the hospital pharmacy sector in Ireland and invites applications from those working across any discipline within secondary care.
Judges will be looking for:
- Entries clearly demonstrating recent patient safety initiatives to the betterment of a specific therapeutic area
- Evidence of those who have offered patient safety expertise to the profession, perhaps through lecturing
- Entries showcasing patient safety initiatives or innovation within a field pertinent to any discipline or therapeutic area that will have a positive impact on both the profession and patients
- Examples of cross-disciplinary learning and support
- Evidence of impact on patient care and professional development arising from patient safety initiative
Who can enter:
This category is open to all hospital professionals working across any discipline. Applications can be through nominating an individual or yourself.
Each submission will be judged by an independent judging panel.
All entries will be handled in the strictest confidence and will not be made available to any party not involved with judging the awards. If your entry is shortlisted, the awards organisers may wish to reproduce a summary of your entry, photographs and any other supporting materials in the finalists’ booklet or within other materials they produce to promote the awards including all press materials.
Deadline: 8th May, 2018
To enter, please click on button below….